In this first month of the year, we get to know mega-cool and athletic freerunner Lynn Jung. We spend some cozy time with her at Café Dalmat, talking about her childhood at Belval and how Lynn turned her passion into a career. Even without any idea about parkour or freerunning you can enjoy this podcast, because you will get all the explanations you need.
Our “Minett Location” of the month
Our guest: Lynn Jung
The very talented Luxembourgish athlete Lynn Jung, aktiv. started her career very young. She started as a gymnast, then learned ballet and expressive dance, which enhanced her agility. Finally, Lynn Jung discovered her love for parkour and freerunning and turned it into a career.
Our Quiz (Questions & Answers):
- Even before steel was produced on Belval, there was other industrial production on the site of the new district. Which one?
Interestingly, a mineral water spring, with high quality water, was discovered in Belval in 1868. From 1893, this mineral water was sold with great success in Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg.
- In which year did the construction of the Belval Campus of the University of Lëtzebuerg start?
2009 with the Maison du Savoir, the central building of the university.
- How many blast furnaces were producing on the site of the Belval steelworks during the peak of Luxembourg steel industry?
Between 1965 and 1979, 6 blast furnaces were in operation here. These were then replaced by 3 larger and more efficient blast furnaces, one of which was sold to China in 1995.
Various topics mentionned in this episode:
- Storm Freerun– a professional parkour/freerunner team in London
- Luci Romberg– an American professional freerunner who is Lynn’s role model
- Mind the Gap – A documentary by RTL about Luxembourg freerunner Lynn Jung
- Héichiewen um Belval – Individual or guided tours to Blast Furnace A
- Gebléishal– The old blast hall of the steelworks, which is not used today, but for which the IK-CNCI is working out a concept for its reopening.
- Source Belval – The history of the mineral water of Belval.
- Esch2022 – The European Capital of Culture 2022, the opening is planned for 26.02.2022
- Urban Time Travel – A virtual reality bus tour developed for Esch2022 that will immerse residents and visitors in the history of Belval.
- Café Dalmat – A local café in Belval, where this episode was recorded
- Red Rock Climbing Center – Climbing center in the town of Soleuvre
- Skatepark Diddeleng – A local skatepark open to the public in Dudelange